Best Bookshelf Speakers in India: Bookshelf Speakers can be found in various designs, dimensions, styles. The primary difference between normal speakers and bookshelf speakers is usually that the Bookshelf Speakers deliver higher sound quality and often are expensive than the conventional speaker sets.
They are placed at higher from floor but it doesn’t mean that it always should be a bookshelf, but could even be an elevated table, or corner area in your living room, or perhaps installed on the walls. They may be placed conveniently everywhere but on the ground level to get the best sounds.
There are several categorizations which follow those have an effect on the way the audio is released. Even though some may be combined with a variety of devices, some are just made especially for certain devices. This is definitely not everything you need to understand before choosing & purchasing your very first bookshelf speakers.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- List of Best Bookshelf Speakers in India (2021)
- 1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 2. Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. Klipsch R-41PM Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 4. Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
- 5. Micca MB42X
- 6. ELAC B6.2 Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers
- 7. Q ACOUSTICS 3020i Bookshelf Speakers
- 8. Edifier R2000DB Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 9. Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 10. Edifier R1855DB Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- Passive vs. Active Bookshelf Speakers – What’s the difference?
- Best Bookshelf Speakers Brands in India
- What are Bookshelf Speakers?
- Where should I place my Bookshelf Speakers?
- Can Bookshelf Speakers be used Outdoors?
- Can Bookshelf Speakers be connected to LED TV?
- Can Bookshelf Speakers be used as Front Speakers?
- Bookshelf Speakers vs Tower Speakers, what should I Choose?
- Can I connect Bookshelf Speakers with Turntable?
- Other Bookshelf Speakers You May Consider
Our Top Picks
So, it is essential that a person does their groundwork prior to bouncing in to purchase one, particularly if it really is your first.
We have also included FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Section to answer any questions you may have.
List of Best Bookshelf Speakers in India (2021)
|Edifier R1280DB Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers||42W RMS||Yes|
|Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers||100W RMS||No|
|Klipsch R-41PM Powered Bookshelf Speakers||90W RMS||Yes|
|Pioneer SP-BS22-LR BookShelf Speakers||90W RMS||No|
|Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers||30W RMS||No|
|ELAC B6.2 Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers||120W RMS||No|
|Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speakers||80W RMS||No|
|Edifer R2000DB Powered Bookshelf Speakers||120W RMS||Yes|
|Micca PB42X Bookshelf Speakers||30W RMS||Yes|
|Edifier R1855DB Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers||70W RMS||Yes|
Now, let’s read in detail about the Top 10 Best Bookshelf Speakers in India to enhance your Music Experience.
1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- EXTRA SUB-OUT PORT - A Subwoofer output with automatic detection for connecting an external extra active subwoofer. A built-in crossover is activated when the subwoofer is connected.
- DUAL RCA INPUTS - Easily connect to any devices with RCA to RCA/3.5 mm-RCA audio cable. Connect to two devices at the same time, no more plugging and unplugging. (None Bluetooth version)
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY - 42W continuous undistorted power, 4-inch sub-woofer unit and 13mm silk dome tweeter unit ensure strong bass and bring more impactful sound.
- UPDATED REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume, mute/unmute from across the room. Bass, treble, and volume control located on the side panel. Enhance your listing experience with Soundfield Spatializer button.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
The Edifier R1280T Bookshelf Speakers is really a sleek and stylish set of speakers manufactured by Edifier, an enterprise established in Beijing, China. Through the years, Edifier has gathered alot of respect in the Audio & Speaker industry and audiophile network by developing award-winning Audio Devices & Speakers. They have presence in over 70 Countries in the world.
Check out the Bluetooth version of this Bookshelf Speakers - Edifier R1280DB Bluetooth Active Bookshelf Speakers
The Edifier R1280T is one of the best bookshelf speakers available in India. The Control options are available on the side. The Treble & Bass can be adjusted within the range of -6db to +6db. It is equipped with the digital volume control feature which automatically adjusts to the right volume, everytime they are switched on.
A small & compact remote (included) with Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers makes it a lot convenient and easier to operate. It can be used to increase or decrease the sound levels and mute the system. I guess, you won’t have to reach the Speakers every time you want to adjust the sound.
Below are some technical specifications, which are best in the category.
Power output is r/l: 21w+21w rms = 42 RMS
Signal to noise ratio is =85dba
Frequency response is 75hz ~ 18khz +/-9db.
Dimensions (per speaker) – 5.7 in x 9.5 in x 7 in
For input sensitivity pc is 700±50mv, aux is 550±50mv
Bass driver is 4 inch (116mm), the treble driver is f13 mm silk dome.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers in India comes with a handy remote control, so connecting it to several devices is very convenient.
Package Contents: 2 x Edifier R1280T (one active, one passive) | Power cable | Speaker cable – 8 inches long | Remote control | RCA to RCA cable – 4 inches long | RCA to 3.5mm AUX cable – 4 inches long.
2. Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers
- Use these wall-mountable book shelf speakers as F
- Magnetic shielded enclosures
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP wit
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEA
The Polk Audio T15s provide extraordinary sound performance with sharp highs, in depth midranges and deep bass response.
The Polk Audio T15 is well-designed and made to go on for a very long time. Made to generate a wide dispersion audio, putting together the T15 bookshelf speakers is extremely easy and simple regardless of where you’d put them.
They can be also used as the front or the rear speaker of your home theater system too as they support Dolby and DTS. No matter if you’re connecting them with your LED or you’ve connected them to the LP Player, the T15s are tuned for performance & enhanced music experience.
The T15 can even be installed straight up on the wall structure for much better bass resonance, because of the front ported compact design.
Coming to technical specifications, the T15 has a sensitivity of 89dB with a 5-1/4” dynamic balance polymer composite woofer with rubber surround and ¾” dynamic balance silk polymer tweeter. The quality of sound within the T15 is extremely clear and well-defined, along with great separation and soundstage that actually indulges you into your favourite music.
The Polk Audio T15s are enclosed in a long lasting and sleek MDF cabinet style and design which blends in with any kind of home decor. Overall, The T15 are premium Bookshelf Speakers in India bundled with value for money.
3. Klipsch R-41PM Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- Legendary Klipsch horn-loaded technology
- Most versatile speaker on the planet, with every input you can think of
- Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity
- Dynamic Bass EQ
- Scratch resistant vinyl finish
This set of two Klipsch Reference R-41PM speakers provides an exceptional musical experience without having to buy a independent Audio Receiver. It has a Built-in amplifiers which provides 35 watts of power to each speaker. So, the total output is 70RMS. There are various options of connecting them with your favourite gadgets through ports or with Bluetooth for music streaming.
Bolster your TV Sound by connectng them with the Optical Cable. There’s a USB port for connecting to your computer, and a 3.5mm analog jack for making a direct wired connection with a mobile device.
Vinyl lovers can connect a turntable through the analog RCA inputs and benefit from the built-in phono preamp. Additionally, there are dedicated buttons on the remote to change the input source: Aux, Optical, USB, and Phono.
When you want to go even deeper, there’s a mono RCA output on the back, so you can add a Klipsch subwoofer and really rock the house.
The R-41PMs speakers each measure 9.8 in x 5.9 in x 7.5 in.
Included with the Klipsch R-15PM Powered Monitors: 2 x Klipsch R-41PM (one active, one passive) | 8 x Rubber feet | Power cable | Remote | Speaker cable | RCA – RCA cable | USB A-B cable.
If you’re looking to buy a Premium Bookshelf Speakers in India, the Klipsch is indeed one of the best.
4. Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
- Colour: Black
- Type: Bookshelf loud speaker
- Enjoy this bespoke piece of sound engineering
Pioneer features a history of manufacturing high quality audio products which established them among the best brands in the industry & manufacturers of one of the Best Bookshelf Speakers in India. To check out, the SP-BS22 LR is really as traditional and humble as a speaker should be.
SP-BS22 LR bookshelf speakers are known as high-quality speakers that won’t empty your wallets. The SP-BS22 LR handle up to 90 watts and could be utilized as stereo speakers or can be conected to an existing home theater setup.
But regardless of what type you choose to utilize them SP-BS22 LR generate a wide frequency response alongwith an excellent sound quality. With experience, Pioneer has put quality and affordability into the SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speaker so everybody can enjoy good music ex.
The SP-BS22 LR from Pioneer, alternatively, employ a rounded cabinet design. This design isn’t just making it more visually attractive but additionally minimises standing waves inside the cabinet which eventually brings about fantastic sound quality.
A pro of this product is that if you look closer the speakers have grills over them. They look beautiful and elegant, but that is not their only purpose. These are used to protect the speakers from damage in case they were to fall over. They are removable if one wishes to remove them.
A con is that the product is a bit bulky for side speakers, but they can be adjusted properly to fit in. Just make sure to check on the dimensions before purchase and match it with your space to save yourself trouble.
5. Micca MB42X
- Colour: Black
- Provides great sound and bass
- Ensures matchless performance
Micca have discovered the right way to deliver high quality when it comes to the way the speakers sound and longevity, that too at a budget friendly price tag.
The biggest reason powering the buzz of the MB42 is its excellent overall performance. Even though Micca MB42X consumes significantly less space, it raises performance standards. The MB42 speakers is made from wood grain vinyl material with sizes 9.5 in x 5.8 in x 6.5 in. Every single unit includes a four-Inch woven carbon fibre woofer with rubber surround and also a silk dome tweeter. The level of sensitivity of the Micca MB42X Bookshelf speakers is 85db 1W/1M, plus the frequency response is between 60Hz and 20Hz, which is certainly suitable for practically any kind of room.
As the Micca MB42X doesn’t have the bluetooth connectivity features or even an integrated amplifier, they are ideal for people who merely want a set of speakers with crystal-clear audio output and budget friendly.
If you are interested in further enhancing the music experience, pair your Micca MB42x Bookshelf Speakers with the Micca MB42X-C Center Channel Speaker with Woofer. This center speakers are an affordable upgrade to your system.
Designed with classic contours and refreshed design cues, they can be placed in your living room or anywhere you would like. It usually is stated that the Micca MB42X bookshelf speaker is definitely an upgradation of its predecessor, the original MB42 having a diverseness of application scenarios and unmatched, clear sound.
Overall, the MB42X is known as among the best bookshelf speakers in India under Rs.10,000. Having an cost-effective price tag, it brings together remarkable attributes: Excellent build quality with superior style and design & the fantastic overall performance.
6. ELAC B6.2 Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers
- Speaker type: 2-way, bass reflex
- Frequency response: 46 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85 dB , Nominal impedance: 6 Ω
- Accessories included: Removable fabric grille
- Recommended amplifier power: 30 to 120 Watts
These budget friendly speakers are members of ELAC’s long awaited Debut 2.0 Speaker family. The ELAC B6.2 are Best Bookshelf Speakers in India & incorporates a new one-inch silk-dome tweeter with a wide dispersion waveguide that enhances directivity control and wipes out the diffraction modes built into conventional box cabinets. Taking into consideration the speaker’s 44Hz – 35Hz response range and 87dB sensitivity, it’s most appropriate for average size rooms.
The newly designed ELAC B6.2s provides the advanced level of overall performance inside a taller, slimmer cabinet. On the front of the ELAC B6.2 you will get a1-inch silk dome tweeter, a 6.5-inch Aramid-Fiber woofer, along with a bass port. The ELAC B6.2’s maximum power handling is 120 watts whilst frequency response is 44-35,000Hz. The ELAC B6.2 Bookshelf Speaker also runs on the new 6.5-inch woven Aramid-fibre woofer which has a revised cone shape.
The dimension for each unit is 195 mm x 375 mm x 268mm. Both the unit combined weigh at 7.4 kgs. The reasonably priced ELAC B6.2s delivers true sound together with superb build quality and appealing looks.
The ELAC B6.2s are among the best bookshelf speakers available at this price, with great sound and exceptional build quality. The ELAC B6.2s are usually warmly recommended.
7. Q ACOUSTICS 3020i Bookshelf Speakers
- Colour - Carbon Black
- Key Features 25% increased cabinet sound from previous models, a larger scale sound and deeper bass P2P bracing
- Durable and Long-lasting
Q Acoustics 3020i are one of the Best Bookshelf Speakers in India you can get your hands on. The Bass Quality on the speakers is quite impressive and so is the Well-tuned mid range.
The Q Acoustics 3020i share a similar in design with the best-selling Q Acoustics 3010i Bookshelf Speakers but a few notable upgrades. It offers a refined sonic design with a bit larger cabinet but retains those straight and rounded edges.
Featuring a 5-inch subwoofer and decoupled 0.9-inch High Frequency Driver with a wide surround, the speakers are more powerful than its previous model.
The speakers can be wall-mounted or stand mounted easily or can be placed safely with pre-fitted Rubber feet on Bookshelves.
8. Edifier R2000DB Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION - Pair your phone, tablet or computer for a true hassle free wireless experience, perfect for any iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device.
- OPTICAL INPUT - Enjoy lossless digital connection from your TV, TV Box, DVD/blu-ray player, receiver, HTPC, computer or gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation.
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output.
- REMOTE CONTROL - switch input sources, control volume and choose digital sound processing (DSP) modes at your figure tips
- Built-in and Wireless Controls The R2000DB comes with a wireless remote for your convenience. Or use the side panel on the speaker to adjust bass, treble and master volume. Control your bookshelf speakers and connect to your device in comfort. The classic design of the R2000DB fits right in your hand and gives you total demand of your experience; all at your fingertips.
Edifier R2000DB is positioned a little higher in the Edifier product line up due to their premium overall look and impressive sound quality at this asking price.
Equipped with a 5-inch 36W driver and a 24W 22mm silk dome driver, the R2000DB produces 120W of powerful output. The speakers are angled at 10 degrees for perfect sound-staging.
The sound is very clear, without any distortion and sound breakage even an the large volume. While mids and treble are remarkable, the bass is really punchy.
Controls and Ports are located at the back of the main speaker, you can connect through RCA input, Optical Port and Bluetooth. It’s even to possible to connect the R2000DB with multiple devices simultaneously. The package contains all the necessary connectivity cables like RCA to RCA, RCA to 3.5mm and an optical cable as well.
9. Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Highly optimized 18dB crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Dramatically transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic
The PB42X is the powered version of Micca’s MB42X and doesn’t require separate amplifier or receiver. The lightweight and compact with fantastic features, the Micca PB42X Active Bookshelf Speakers is something you can call value for money.
They blend perfectly with any home decor due to their Matte Black finish. The connectivity options are limited to RCA input and a 3.5mm audio jack. The volume knob is located at the back along with a power adapter input and a simple on/off switch.
Each speaker has a 0.75-inch silk-dome tweeter and well-balanced 4-inch carbon fiber woofer which blend to get 15W of power. The sound quality is good considering the price of these Bookshelf Speakers. The speakers produce clear and balanced tone at medium volumes but as you go louder the sound quality falls-off.
The package comes with all essentials including a 3.5m aux cable, speaker wire to connect the parent to the child speaker and power cable.
10. Edifier R1855DB Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- Φ19mm silk film tweeter and 4-inch Nomex diaphragm mid-range & bass drivers
- DIGITAL / ANALOG INPUTS – RCA/Aux for PC, turntables, etc; Optical/Coaxial for lossless connection; Bluetooth for convenience
- TREBLE/BASS CONTROL, SUB-LINE OUT: Adjust bass, treble, volume and toggle inputs on rear panel. Need a little more oomph? Add a subwoofer to your 2.0 setup by simply connecting to the sub-out jack
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Handy compact remote control for input selection, volume adjustment and track control (Bluetooth).
- BLUETOOTH V5.0 - Latest wireless technology for playing from phones, tablets or laptops
- 70W RMS high power output without distortion
- Precise electronical crossover based on DSP technology
- Sub-out output works with external subwoofer
Edifier R1855DB stereo speakers assure excellent audio quality and exceptional features with a budget price. The build quality is fantastic, along with the complete design is dark and elegant. The size is compact enough to fit anywhere in the room.
The speakers have a very good frequency range of 60Hz-20kHz which can be extended with the addition of a subwoofer. The mid frequencies are crisp and detailed.
A coaxial input, two stereo RCA inputs along with a digital optical input enables you to connect these Bookshelf Speakers up straight to your music source. The Bluetooth 4.0 makes it simple to stream audio wirelessly through your Bluetooth Device like smartphones, iPad, Tablets and laptops.
Also Read: Stands for Bookshelf Speakers
Passive vs. Active Bookshelf Speakers – What’s the difference?
When looking for Bookshelf Speakers, you will often come across two main types – Passive and Active Bookshelf Speakers.
In simple terms, Active Bookshelf Speakers, also known as Powered Bookshelf Speakers have an integrated phono-preamp, which delivers you a flawless plug-and-play experience, without the need of any amplifiers, receivers or any other add-ons.
While, the Passive Bookshelf Speakers need extra power to operate which comes from an amplifier or the receiver. If you opt for Passive Speakers you will need to get yourself an amplifier to complete the rig.
Best Bookshelf Speakers Brands in India
- Polk Audio
- Taga Harmony
- Dayton Audio
- Fyne Audio
- Boston Acoustics
- Q Acoustics
The Best Bookshelf Speakers are crucial if you would like create a system that serious audiophiles would definitely be pleased with. These above mentioned brands offer the Best Bookshelf Speakers in India you can setup your music system with.
What are Bookshelf Speakers?
Bookshelf Speakers are high-performance speakers usually connected to music players or discrete audio systems to enjoy music at home. They are a self-contained system, produce high sound-quality and are meant for enjoy music at higher level compared to basic speaker sets.
Where should I place my Bookshelf Speakers?
The Bookshelf Speakers can be placed on any elevated platforms like tables, desks, shelves at the height of about 4-5 feet from the floor. They should be kept at least 6 inches away from the wall and in the 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock position, angling towards you seating position. As per the recommendations from the experts you can also use specially designed Bookshelf Speakers Stands as they are well-built and reduce vibration.
Can Bookshelf Speakers be used Outdoors?
Bookshelf Speakers are usually meant for indoor usage but if you are considering to use them in Open areas or for Outdoor Activities, make sure your speakers are water-resistant and weatherproof. Also, as Bookshelf Speakers doesn’t come with inbuilt batteries, you need to have a continuous power source to run them.
Can Bookshelf Speakers be connected to LED TV?
Yes, Bookshelf Speakers can be connected to LED TV or to any other external devices with the help of Bluetooth, Optical-In and Aux-In Ports.
Can Bookshelf Speakers be used as Front Speakers?
Yes, Bookshelf Speakers can be used as front speakers considering their exceptional sound quality. Although, the Bookshelf Speakers deliver high quality sound but they have limited Bass Output. It is critical that you pair them with an external sub-woofer or Bass Unit to get the desired audio experience.
Bookshelf Speakers vs Tower Speakers, what should I Choose?
Bookshelf Speakers are compact speakers and are usually two-way design consisting of a small mid-bass driver and a tweeter. They produce high-quality sound but low bass output enough for smaller spaces. On the other hand, Tower Speakers or Floor-standing Speakers have multi-driver designs with dedicated Bass, Mid-range Driver, and tweeters. They have more Bass Output and can play music louder than the Bookshelf Speakers.
Can I connect Bookshelf Speakers with Turntable?
Bookshelf Speakers work efficiently with Modern Turntables and can be connected through the RCA Port or the Optical-in port. It is always suggested to check the input capabilities of Speakers and Turntable, either of the existing product, before buying the other one.
Other Bookshelf Speakers You May Consider
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API