Table of Contents
- Best Laptops under 50000 in India in 2020
- Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Laptop
- Top 8 Laptops Under 50000 in India 2020
- 1. Ideapad Slim 3i Thin and Light Laptop (81WD00AVIN)
- 2. HP 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-du2071TU)
- 3. DELL Inspiron 3493 (E-C560514WIN9) 14-inch Laptop
- 4. HP i3 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-fr1004tu)
- 5. ASUS VivoBook (M409DA-EK555T) 14-inch Laptop
- 6. Acer Aspire 3 (A315-23) 15.6-inch Laptop
- 7. Mi Notebook 14 inch Laptop
- 8. ASUS VivoBook (X407UA-EK558T) 14-inch Thin Laptop
- 9. Lenovo Ideapad S340 14 inch Laptop (81VV00ECIN)
- HP 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-gr0009au)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Laptops under 50000 in India in 2020
Are you a student or an office going person?
In both cases, you will need a good laptop that can help you handle so many things. Unfortunately, not all of us can afford those expensive, rig type machines.
However, you shouldn’t worry at all because I’ve done in-depth research on the topic. During my study, I found some of the Best laptops under 50000 in India in 2020.
You can use these laptops to handle your daily tasks. Some of these laptops are also suitable for handling online businesses like blogging and freelancing etc. It means students can earn some extra money by doing a part-time job using your laptop.
Before we plunge into the top 10 best laptops under 50000 there are some important things you need to know. It will make the buying process a lot easy help you select a perfect device.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Laptop
Operating System – before you invest your hard-earned money in a laptop you need to decide what to go for. There are normally three types of operating systems Mac, Windows, and Chrome OS.
Mac is usually the most expensive option among the three while the Chrome OS being the cheapest. But in my opinion the windows OS is usually best for everyone.
The interface of the device – This another important thing you need to consider first. There are two types of laptops on the market. Some are standard laptops that have a typical keyboard while some of them are both laptops and tablets at the same time.
These kinds of laptops offer both touch screen functionality as well as keyboard. The touch and type laptops are best for those who want to step into graphics designing etc.
Size of the Device – Another important thing that matters the most is the size. There are so many laptops available in the market. Only a few of them will perfectly fulfill the needs of students.
With size, the weight of a laptop also increases can be a problem sometimes. Therefore, you need to double-check the size of the laptop before you make the final purchase. Don’t be fooled by the bigger display, as it will add extra weight to the device only.
You can ignore the screen size unless you want to use it for multipurpose.
Specifications – The last and the most important thing is the specifications of the device. These can help you buy the best laptops under Rs 50000. However, you need to consider them carefully according to your needs.
Normally a Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and 512 GB in case of SSD while 1TB for HDD would make an awesome laptop for students and office use.
Now that you are aware of the important things while buying a laptop let’s take a look at some of my favorite laptops under 50000 Rupees.
Our Top Picks
Top 8 Laptops Under 50000 in India 2020
1. Ideapad Slim 3i Thin and Light Laptop (81WD00AVIN)
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 (i5-1035G1) | Speed: 1.0 GHz (Base) - 3.6 GHz (Max) | 4 Cores | 6MB Cache
- OS: Pre-Loaded Windows 10 Home with Lifetime Validity
- Pre-Installed: MS Office Home and Student 2019
- Memory and Storage: 8GB RAM DDR4-2666 (4GB+4GB), Upgradable up to 12GB | 512GB SSD
- Display: 14" Full HD (1920x1080) | Anti-Glare
- Design: 1.99 cm Thin and 1.6 kg Light | Narrow Bezel | Battery Life: 5 Hours | Rapid Charge (Up to 80% in 1 Hour)
- Camera (Built-in): 0.3 MP with Privacy Shutter | Fixed Focus | Integrated Dual Array Microphone
- Audio: 2 x 1.5W Stereo Speakers | HD Audio | Dolby Audio
- Ports: 2 USB 3.2 Gen1, 1 USB 2.0, Headphone/Mic combo jack, HDMI 1.4b, 4-in-1 media reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- In the box: Laptop, Power Adapter and User Manual
Starting with Lenovo, one of the top-notch brands for laptops and tablets. The Ideapad Slim 3i is a fantastic laptop that can do a lot of things for you while staying in the budget range. There are so many features that make it a great choice for students and office employees.
It features an Intel Core i5 10th generation CPU which is the latest module. The CPU features a 1GHz clock frequency that can reach up to 3GHz when overclocked.
The laptop comes with a standard 14 inches screen which makes the laptop quite small in size. Now the 14 inches display may not make everyone happy but it has its charm. It offers 1080P resolutions which makes it quite effective for different tasks.
Apart from its screen, the device features an 8GB RAM. Now, most budget laptops in India usually come with 4GB RAM which isn’t that great.
Moreover, the 512GB SSD card makes it one of the best laptops under 50000 with SSD. In addition to this, the device features 1.6Kg weight and is super slim to carry.
2. HP 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-du2071TU)
- 1.2GHz Intel i3-1005G1 10th Gen processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- 15.6-inch screen, Intel UHD Graphics
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- 1.77kg laptop
Another top-notch laptop that you can buy just under 50000 is the HP 15s. It possesses a bunch of cool features that give the device an edge over other available options. First of all the laptop possesses a 15.6 inches display which makes it quite outstanding.
The viewing angles of the device may not be the best but they are ok. You won’t notice anything annoying when it comes to screen.
Apart from the screen, the device features a slim structure that makes it lightweight and easy to carry around. The Intel Core i3 10 generation processor is also a plus point for the laptop. Especially for a budget device, the 10th generation is quite amazing as it balances the processing power for the older CPU version.
It has 8GB RAM that helps in executing heavy-duty tasks such as running MatLab and other heavy software without any issue. The RAM comes in a single slot which you can increase whenever you want.
The device comes with Intel UHD graphics which enhances the screen performance even further. Now mind it the intel stock graphics also gives pretty amazing results.
3. DELL Inspiron 3493 (E-C560514WIN9) 14-inch Laptop
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED Backlit Non-touch
- 8gb RAM, 512gb SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Backlit Keyboard
- Windows 10 + MS Office Home & Student 2019
Dell is one of my favorite brands when it comes to laptops. The dell Inspiron 3493 is one of the best laptops under 50000 in India 2020.
It can handle student’s projects as well as office work with quite an efficiency. It comes with a 10th generation Intel CPU which is a perfect fit for the budget laptops.
The CPU features a 1.2GHz frequency and can handle tasks with minimum to no lag.
Apart from the CPU, the system also includes a 4GB DDR4 RAM. Now to be honest the RAM isn’t that great but it does the job most of the time. However, you can increase it any time you want.
With that said, the device also features a 1 terra byte hard disk drive which gives you plenty of storage for storing a lot of data.
Though it lacks an SSD on the other hand the 1TB harddrive balance it. The 14-inch screen makes it quite slimmer, lightweight, and easy to carry around.
With these specifications and price, I think this is one of the best laptops under 50000 for students. Moreover, It also features a long-lasting battery that makes it quite suitable for different tasks.
4. HP i3 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-fr1004tu)
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 (1.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)
- Operating System & Preinstalled Software: Windows 10 Home | Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 | In the box: Laptop with included battery, charger
- Display: 15.6-Inch FHD FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
- Memory & Storage: 4GB DDR4, expandable upto 16 GB | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Graphics: Intel UHD Integrated Graphics
- Design & Battery: Thin and light design | Laptop weight: 1.74 kg | Average battery life = 7 hours, 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion Fast Charge Battery
- Camera & Microphone: HP TrueVision HD camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- Ports: 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C (5Gbps), 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A (5Gbps), 1 microSD card reader | Without CD-Drive
- Warranty: This genuine HP laptop comes with 1-year domestic warranty from HP covering manufacturing defects and not covering physical damage. For more details, see the Warranty section below
- In case of any technical/product related queries, please call 1800-258-7170 or 1860-258-3079
If you are fond of HP devices then I have another top-notch product for you. The HP fr1004tu features some outstanding specifications that make it stand out from the crowd.
The laptop possesses an intel core i3 10th generation CPU. The CPU is capable of handling daily tasks with quiet efficiency. It will never disappoint you unless you want to do something beyond its limit.
With its 512GB SSD card and that too under 50k budget, it becomes one of the best laptops under 50000 with SSD. However, it also has a 4GB RAM which is good enough but needs improvement. Especially in 2020 where everything is getting heavier day by day you need at least 8GB RAM.
Having said that, the 4GB isn’t that awful as it can still handle so many tasks without any issue.
The device comes with a windows 10 and MS office 2019 version installed. This makes it ready for working as soon as you unpack it. It also has a 15.6 inches screen along with the Intel UHD graphics.
The laptop isn’t that big and weighs only 1.7Kg which makes it quite portable. It won’t be a trouble for anyone especially for students while carrying it.
5. ASUS VivoBook (M409DA-EK555T) 14-inch Laptop
Display and Operating System: 14.0" (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC and Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
Processor and Graphics: AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5-3500U Processor, 2.1 GHz (6MB Cache, up to 3.7 GHz) and AMD Integrated Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
Keyboard and I/O Ports: Full-size Chiclet keyboard | 1.4mm key travel and 2x USB 2.0 | 1x USB 3.1 Type A (Gen1) | 1x USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1) | 1x Combo Audio Jack | 1x HDMI 1.4 | 1x Micro SD Card Reader| Other: Fingerprint Reader | Web camera | Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) 2 x 2 | Bluetooth 4.2 (Dual band)
Memory and Storage: 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Dual-Channel RAM upgradeable upto 20GB RAM | Storage: 1TB HDD + 1x PCIe Gen3x2 NVMe Slot for storage expansion
ASUS is my favorite brand when it comes to gaming products. If you need a laptop under 50000 and looking for good specs then you should get the Asus vivobook 14.
It is one of the most sophisticated laptops on a budget that will do everything for you.
The device features a very unique structure which is only 23.1 mm in thickness. Apart from being ultra-slim, the device is also pretty lightweight.
The AMD Ryzen 5 processor along with an integrated graphics card makes it one of the Asus best laptops under 50000. The processor features a clock frequency of 2.1GHz and can reach up to 3.7GHz when needed.
Apart from that, it comes with a 6MB cache. In terms of storage, the device is truly a beast as it comes with 1TB HDD and has extra space for a PCIe NVMe SSD card.
Asus vivobook 14 possesses 8GB RAM which is way better than the other options in this price range. Moreover, you can increase the RAM up to 20 GB to fully buff the device for anything in its way.
As for the display, the device features a 14 inches big screen that offers 1080P resolutions. One of my favorite features on this laptop is the chiclet keyboard. It makes the laptop unique and gives it a splendid look.
6. Acer Aspire 3 (A315-23) 15.6-inch Laptop
- 2.1 GhzGHz AMD AMD Ryzen 5-3500U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- hard drive
- 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Graphics
- Window 10, Home, 64Bit operating system
- 1.9kg laptop
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5-3500U quad-core processor with Max Turbo upto 3.7Ghz, RAM: 8GB of DDR4 system memory, Upgradable up to 12 GB
- Storage : 512 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s, NVMe SSD,Display: 15.6" Full HD 1920 x 1080, high-brightness Acer ComfyView LEDbacklit TFT LCD
- OS : Windows 10 Home 64-bit,Graphics : AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Graphics
- Weight : 1.9 Kg
The Acer Aspire 3 possesses some features that can match the best laptops under 50000 with i5 processor in performance. The 2.1GHz AMD Ryzen 5 CPU helps it handling many tasks without any issue.
The multi-threading feature allows it to perform efficiently even under heavy load. It has 8GB DDR4 RAM that comes in a single slot and gives you an option for the future upgrade.
Moreover, it comes with a 512 GB SSD card that gives you storage and speed at the same time. It allows faster bootup and installations, unlike the traditional HDD. Another solid feature of this budget laptop is its screen. It possesses a 15.6 inches display that gives it an edge over other devices.
In addition to a better display, the laptop features AMD GPU which increases its performance even more. It also allows you to play some basic level games such as PUBG Mobile and Fortnite Mobile.
If you are buying a laptop for studies then it comes with a professional MS office that will make your work easier. The Acer Aspire 3 weighs 1.9Kg which is slightly heavier than the Asus but still, it is good.
You can carry it along without any problems and as it’s slim, it easily fits inside your laptop sleeve or college bag.
7. Mi Notebook 14 inch Laptop
- Laptop Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U processor, 1.6 GHz base speed, 4.2 GHz max speed, 4 Cores, 8 threads
- Operating System in the laptop: Windows 10 Home operating system | Pre-installed software : Office 365 – one month Trial subscription
- Laptop Display: 14-Inch (1920X 1080 )Full HD Anti-Glare Screen, Nvidia MX250 2GB GDDR5 Graphics
- Memory Specs (Laptop): 8GB DDR4-2666MHz RAM and Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Design and battery of Laptop: Robust metal body |Thin and light Laptop| Laptop weight 1.5kg | Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Laptop Audio: Stereo Speakers + DTS Audio Processing | Ports: USB 3.1 – 2 ports, USB 2.0 – 1 port, HDMI Out -1 and 3.5mm jack
- Inside the Laptop box: Notebook, Power Adaptor, Power Cord, User Manual
- Warranty: 1 Year manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase for both Laptop and Webcam
- Webcam Specs: 720p High Resolution | Light Weight | USB Plug & Play
- This combo pack contains two items and they may be delivered separately
The Mi Notebook is another suitable option, especially for students. It is one of the best laptops under 50000 with i5 processor that will do the job for you. There are some cool features that make it quite amazing and different from the rest of the options.
First of all the laptop features an intel core i5 processor which is the 10th generation. Now 10th generation CPUs are state of the art and much faster than the previous versions.
The CPU offers a base clock speed of 1.6GHz but it can reach up to 4.2 GHz when overclocked. As for the display, the device features a 14 inches display but I wouldn’t mind the small screen as it comes with NVIDIA MX250 GPU.
A GPU that is capable of running the latest games in low settings. It can be a budget gaming laptop for students too.
The laptop features a metal body that seems quite sturdy and lightweight at the same time. There is an 8GB RAM having DDR4 technology and 2666MHz frequency. The RAM is enough for withstanding heavy tasks without any issue.
Apart from the RAM and GPU, the device also features a long-lasting battery that makes it quite awesome for school and university projects.
8. ASUS VivoBook (X407UA-EK558T) 14-inch Thin Laptop
- Processor : 1.6 Ghz Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen processor
- Memory : 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage : 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- GPU : Intel UHD graphics 620
- OS : Windows 10 operating system
- Weight : 1.55kg laptop
- Display : 14.0-inch (16:9) LED backlit FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45 percent NTSC support ASUS splendid technology
- Design : 7.1mm thin bezel and 73.8 percent screen-to-body ratio, NanoEdge display with 178 degree wide viewing angle
- Chiclet keyboard | VGA web camera | one-touch access via the fingerprint sensor | 3x the lifespan of standard lithium-ion batteries
- ASUS IceCool technology uses smart fan control to keep palm rest surface temperature below 36 degree Celsius | ASUS fast-charge technology | a low battery can be charged to 60 percent in just 49 minutes
The Asus vivobook features a stunning design along with some fantastic specifications. Together with a good design and awesome specification it becomes a suitable option for a budget.
The Laptop comes with a Core i5 processor of 8th generation having 1.6GHz clock speed. Apart from that, the device also possesses 8GB DDR4 RAM which enhances its capabilities even further.
It weighs only 1.55KG which makes it extremely portable and easy to carry even in a school bag. The Asus vivobook comes with a 14 inches LCD display that offers 1080P resolution. The display is backed by intel UHD graphics which performs surprisingly well.
As for the storage, the device possesses a 1TB hard drive of 5400RPM. It gives you an enormous amount of storage and you can store whatever you want in it. However, the SSD card slot is missing here so you won’t get those faster installations and bootups.
I love the way Asus has placed the fingerprint sensor on the trackpad. It makes the laptop pretty easy to access and protect with the latest fingerprint scan.
9. Lenovo Ideapad S340 14 inch Laptop (81VV00ECIN)
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 processor, 1.2 Ghz base speed, 3.4 Ghz max speed, 2 Cores, 4Mb Smart Cache
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Display: 14-inch screen with (1920X1080) full HD display | Anti Glare technology | IPS Screen
- Memory and Storage: 8 GB RAM | Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Design and battery: Thin and light Laptop| 180 Degree Hinge| Laptop weight 1.55kg | Battery Life: Upto 8 hours as per MobileMark | with Backlit Keyboard
- This genuine Lenovo Laptop comes with 1 year onsite domestic warranty from Lenovo covering manufacturing defects and not covering physical damage. For more details, see Warranty section
- Pre-Installed Software: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 | Inside the box: Laptop, Charger, User Manual
- Ports & CD drive: 2 USB 3.0 | 1 Type C (USB 3.0) | 1 HDMI 2.0 | 4-in-1 card reader (SD,SDHC,SDXC,MMC) | Combo audio and microphone jack | Without DVD-drive | Without LAN port
- Country of Origin: China
Another best budget laptop from Lenovo is the Ideapad series S340. It has a pretty decent design and durable structure that makes it unique of its kind.
The core i3 processor may sound a bit dated but don’t worry it is 10th generation.
This means that the CPU is up to date and rocking with the latest challenges. You will get a base frequency of 1.2GHz on the CPU but you can push it to 3.2GHz when overclocked.
Overclocking is normally not recommended on regular laptops because of the heat issues. However, if you feel a need for it then you can always go for it. As for the display, I don’t have any complaints because it comes with a 14-inch screen. Moreover, the screen provides 1080P FHD resolution which is a plus point.
Apart from that, the laptop features 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD card for storage. SSDs are quite awesome but the 256GB may be a bit less for people like me.
Once you purchase the device you will get freebies such as MS office and professional windows.
Having said that, the laptop possesses a full backlit keyboard which is quite helpful for those who love to study till late at night.
HP 15.6-inch Laptop (15s-gr0009au)
- 2.1GHz AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- 15.6-Inch screen, AMD Radeon Graphics Graphics
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- 1.74kg laptop
Last but not least, I have the HP 15s gr0009au on the list for you. The device may sound a bit familiar due to its name but some features make it a masterpiece.
First of all, it chooses to have the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U CPU instead of the intel.
This makes the laptop quite powerful while still in the budget range. Another feature of Ryzen 5 is its multi-threading which comes in handy while handling heavy-duty tasks.
The device also possesses AMD graphics which makes it much better than many low priced devices. The GPU allows you to run some games on low settings which can be a great source of fun.
However, if you are buying it specifically for study purposes then this is a masterpiece. The 1TB HDD will give you enough space to store almost anything on the drive you want.
As for the memory, it has 8GB DDR4 RAM which can handle heavy tasks quite smoothly. I tested the device with MatLab and found it working quite smoothly with some lags here and there.
Now, mind it MatLab is one of the heaviest software for computers because of its features. I had no issue running the software but it gave me a little problem while trying Simulink
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I use my laptop as a PC?
Yes, you can use your laptop as a PC if you have a TV or any other display. You can connect your laptop to the screen and then start using it the way you want. It will give you a PC like experience.
2. Can I use my laptop as a keyboard for my PC?
Definitely, you can use your laptop as a remote keyboard for your PC if you want. However, some additional measures are required for doing so.
First of all, you need to get the AnyDesk app and connect your laptop with your PC. After that continue using it as desired however, this procedure require a steady source of internet.
3. Which one is better - Laptops with SSD or HDD?
SSD is a lot better than the HDD because of the latest technology. Apart from that, the SSD works on microelectronic circuit which is a lot faster than the mechanical rotating discs.
But the only drawback is that SSDs are a bit expensive than HDD.
4. What is Thunderbolt 3?
With the advancement in electrical engineering, the USB-C is an outstanding product of engineering. However, Thunderbolt 3 is a better version of USB-C. It provides a much faster-charging rate as well as data transfer.
A good quality cable can transfer upto 40Gb/sec.
5. How much RAM is good for college laptops?
Ideally, a college laptop needs to be of good quality. I am using the predator helios 300 and it is giving me much better results. As for the RAM the device needs to have at least 4GB RAM.
It is because a college student has to run some software like MatLab and ARC GIS. These are quite heavy software.
I am pretty much sure you will have selected the best laptop under 50000 in India by now.
If you are still having any trouble then I would suggest going for the Mi NoteBook 14. It is because the laptop features such an amazing specification while still in a budget range.
Now if you are looking for the best laptop under 50000 with i7 processor then you can get something with 4th generation i7 processor but the i5 10th generation is a lot better than that in terms of performance.
Last update on 2020-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API